IELTS Essay Checking Service / Forums / IELTS Writing Task 2 / Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • englishteacher
    Keymaster

IELTS Writing Task 2

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Write about the following topic:

Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

Write at least 250 words

Sample essay that was written by an IELTS student. 

On my essay I would discuss types of progress and how it is important for a country. Many governments guess that economic progress is the most important result to focus. Besides the economic progress another types of progress have their value and they are equal important.

Economic progress is very important, I would say that is the guide to the future for a country. It represents how much industries are production, how much the country is exporting or importing goods. In a chart this will indicate where the country is in the present and where it will be in the next years.

However, we have different types of progress, and I would describe the social progress. Social progress has the same importance as economic progress because it shows how the distribution from all incomings is. In my country, we had an economic increase in last few year but the money was concentrate with few people, so who was rich become more richer and who was poor didn’t feel the grow of the economy. And with that, the economic began collapsing because only a few number of person has money available to spend and move the economy and the huge mass has it only for the basics necessities.

In my conclusion, for a country has a solid progress, the governments should pay attention at economy indicatives and also care about the distribution from this incomings. Instead that only a minor part of the population will be benefit from the economic raise.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.