IELTS Essay Checking Service / Forums / IELTS Writing Task 2 / One of the consequences of improved medical care is that the people are living longer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • englishteacher
    Keymaster

IELTS Writing Task 2

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Write about the following topic:

One of the consequences of improved medical care is that the people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

Sample essay that was written by an IELTS student

Nowadays, people have opposing views on whether improving their medical care is beneficial or harmful to their population. Some think that it is more of a disadvantage than an advantage to us. Yet, I believe that the benefits of it outweigh the drawbacks. In this essay, I will elaborate on the reasons for my opinion followed by a concluding statement.

One of the reasons that would my support my opinion is that, people with a longer life expectancy than the ordinary get the opportunity to spend a greater amount of time with their loved ones. In fact, it is a tragic event for every family to lose a person that is quite valuable to them. For instance, my grandmother, who passed away 10 years ago at the age of 93, was of great value in my father’s family that they still remember her till today.

A further reason could be the chance to participate in any activity that they were not able to in the previous times. One example was, when I witnessed an elderly man performing figure ice skating in a sports club that I normally went to. His act was so surprising to the majority of us that, no one expected a person at that age to be athletic to that extent. So, one should enjoy as many moments in his or her life as long as he or she is still alive.

To sum up, although some people view increasing the life expectancy of others as a disadvantage to them, I would say that it is advantageous in plenty of ways. So, I hope that a greater number of us would encourage the advancement in our medical services to prolong the lives of our beloved individuals as the death of a relative is difficult for every family.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.